Part-Time Registered Veterinary Technician
DescriptionDescription: LifeLine Animal Project is committed to ending the euthanasia of healthy, adoptable dogs and cats in metro Atlanta. Our animal shelters and spay/neuter clinics are a vital part of our success in the community.
LifeLine has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Registered Veterinary Assistant. Responsible for daily care of patients, assisting doctors and technicians with surgical and anesthetic procedures, administering medications as directed, following medical protocols to treat illnesses and general housekeeping, this position is an excellent opportunity for a new or experienced RVT.
This part-time position works Saturday and Sunday only.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist with public intake and release of patients.
• Prep patients for surgery, observing all clinic procedures to enforce sterility and safety of patients.
• Monitor anesthesia, with a clear idea of abnormal conditions.
• Following medical protocols, treat ill or injured patients.
• Administer medications as directed.
• Conduct medical rounds of patients.
• Data entry of medical records and notes.
• Clean facility and surgical pack preparation as assigned.
• All other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Education
• Current, valid Registered Veterinary Technician.
• Must work Saturday and Sunday.
• One to two years of experience in a veterinary clinic, hospital animal shelter or control facility.
• Learn characteristics of animal behavior (for example: be able to identify aggressive or fearful behavior)
• Use appropriate safety equipment for fractious or feral animals (will train) – the use of safety equipment is mandatory
• Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs repeatedly throughout the day with assistance
• Bend and kneel repeatedly
• Respond quickly to a variety of medical situations
• Cope with death either due to surgical complication or euthanasia
Organization Name: LifeLine Animal Project
Post Code: 30002