Pet Resorts Director
DescriptionDescription: Summary of Purpose: Responsible for the overall success of the Kentucky Humane Society’s Pet Resorts; provides leadership and ensures every animal and customer receives the highest level of care and service.
Duties (Essential Functions):
• Provide vision, leadership, recognition and motivation to all resort team members
• Serve on the Leadership Team and participate in Strategic Planning process, ensuring goals, objectives and action steps are met
• Benchmark and maintain awareness of industry trends and best practices for growth of programs and revenues
• Work with Public Relations Department to create effective marketing strategies
• Develop and meet yearly budget projections and amend as necessary
• Create and analyze reports to ensure budget and related goals are met
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and cohesive for both resorts
• Provides leadership to staff through effective team building, support and delegation
• Maintains positive morale and culture amongst all employees in all resort locations
• Responsible for hiring, training, reviewing, recognition, terminating and disciplinary measures
• Ensures all staff has completed required training to ensure the highest level of both animal and customer care are being met
• Responsible for oversight and execution of staff productivity
• Monitor, approve and submit bi-weekly payroll, review General Ledger and record keeping
• Positively addresses and resolves customer concerns in a timely manner, communicates problems or issues to team and COO as needed
• Serve as primary contact for alarm/emergency calls for EPPR, and oversee equipment and safety standards at both resorts
• Ensure supply orders are placed in an appropriate time frame, following accounting SOPS and budget constraints
• Ensures accurate client database, email lists, records, reports, and monies
• Communicates with COO regarding, ongoing team accomplishments, budgetary fluctuations, overall customer service, problems or concerns
• Ensure Pet Resorts are kept in excellent condition and preventative maintenance is being followed, processing work orders and needed
Qualifications / Requirements:
• High school or equivalent required/college degree preferred.
• 2 years previous leadership/management experience preferred.
• Oversight of primary location, while traveling to secondary location frequently.
• Minimum 1 year working with animals required.
• 6 months experience in pet boarding preferred.
• Represent KHS in a courteous and professional manner with a commitment to excellence.
• Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and proficient use of software programs.
• Ability to resolve customer and/or employee conflicts.
• Ability to prepare, monitor and control budgets.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of dog and cat behavior.
• Multi-tasking, planning and organizational abilities.
• Ability to develop and lead employees as a cohesive team.
• Availability by cell phone for emergencies when necessary.
• Background Check required.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
• Includes working in an indoor desk environment as well as working with animals.
• Local travel to multiple sites.
• Frequent bending, reaching, feeling and or handling, kneeling, walking and standing on a regular basis while performing job functions.
• Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to and exceeding 50lbs.
• Individual will have extended periods of sitting, talking or listening.
Organization Name: Kentucky Humane Society
Post Code: 40222