Spay/Neuter Vet Tech II
DescriptionDescription: POSITION SUMMARY: Want to put a dent in overpopulation with spay/neuter? Want to make a difference in the lives of people and their pets by offering limited preventive and wellness services? We are looking for a technician/assistant that would like to work as part of an awesome team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities would include: Check in/check out patients for surgery, assist the Veterinarians in the evaluation, surgery, monitoring, and recovery of spay/neuter and preventative wellness for patients.
• High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a working veterinary technician or assistant. Prefer completion of 2 year Associates Vet Tech program with an increase for certification and license.
• Strong animal handling skills.
• Must be detail oriented and able to document on medical records and logs accurately.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs, restrain large and small animals, stand, sit, or a combination of both for long periods of time.
• Must be able to do repetitive motions for long periods of time.
• Also must be proficient with front reception such as multiple phone lines, filing, money handling, computer, and customer service skills.
• Must know phlebotomy, immunology, parasitology, pharmacology, endocrinology, anesthesiology, surgical assisting, animal handling, and anatomy and physiology.
• Able to confidently perform anesthesia, prep, surgical monitoring, fluid therapy, laboratory procedures, injections, instrument care, cleaning and medication.
• Willing to learn and use clinic protocols and recommendations.
Organization Name: Arizona Humane Society