DescriptionDescription: The Arizona Humane Society is a nationally recognized animal welfare organization providing advanced medical and behavioral care through our Emergency Animal Medical Technician team and our Second Chance Animal Trauma Hospital. In addition, we operate a Kitten Intensive Care Unit (nursery), Parvo Puppy ICU, a full service public veterinary hospital and two high-volume spay/neuter/vaccine clinics. We believe every pet deserves a good life and we are passionately committed to doing what’s best for pets and the people in their lives. We are making a positive impact in our community by demonstrating our core values of innovation, compassion and excellence. If you are a team player, and want to leverage your skills to make a difference, consider a future with us.
Primary focus is on high-volume animal spay/neuter. Oversee medical and surgical needs of animals in care of the AHS. Promote a positive, professional image through interactions with employees, clients, and media. Assist in training staff and volunteers.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Medical Doctor degree and license to practice in Arizona or ability to obtain an AZ license.
• One year of experience in a veterinary practice or shelter with emphasis on high-volume spay/neuter skills.
• Must possess above average spay/neuter skills and a humane attitude towards animals and people.
• Must be able to evaluate health status in an objective manner and determine most appropriate treatment for an animal.
• Good communications skills.
Competitive benefits. The Arizona Humane Society is a proud equal opportunity employer. Candidate information will be kept confidential. Pre-employment background and drug screening is required.
Organization Name: Arizona Humane Society